are primarily intended as an alternative escape route for buildings with a larger number of people, e.g. hospitals, nursing homes, schools, kindergartens, clinics, airports, stairs, manufactures or apartment buildings.
Video: PRACTICE PLAYFULLY
Thanks to a unique idea of the management of iQLANDIA in Liberec, we combined a fire staircase with an evacutation slide, which is tested in practice on a day-to-day basis, in a playful and competitive form - with traffic lights and a timekeeper. Get inspired!
- Easy installation without structural interventions and changes to the building
- More cost-effective than a fire staircase
- Stainless steel guarantees a very long service life
- The tunnel design eliminates the need for winter maintenance
- An evacuation slide will take you over obstacles (trees, fences, paths) with ease into the safe zone
- Easy and quick installation into windows, balcony doors, terraces, stairs
- The shape may be adjusted to your specific needs: straight, left or right turns, or even a spiral
- Allows for an easy evacuation of disabled and handicapped persons
A practical example: 1 minute or 45 minutes?
In Sonneborn, Germany, a praxtical test was performed in a day care centre. In the presence and with assistance of firefighters, a group of 17 children and 3 caregivers were evacuated with a fire ladder in 45 minutes.
Using an evacuation slide, all 17 children and 3 caregivers made it to the safe zone – without help from the firefighters – in just 1 minute!
This result greatly impressed the mayor, the Building Authority, as well as the firefigthers.